Friday, April 23, 2010

It's Friday night-sounds like clean out the fridge night to me!

First things first,
Ryan and I found out this week that our Baby Mac, as we have been calling the little one growing inside my ever rounding belly, is most likely a girl!!! The Doctor managed to get a really good shot of the baby with her legs sticking straight up and he said, " Yep, its a girl" But there is about a %10 chance it could still be a boy.
Highly unlikely, but we will confirm at our next sonogram in a few weeks:)

Now,
I know I promised my Green Chili Mac & Cheese next, but I actually want to make it again just to be sure it is worth posting:)
So tonight- we are having Chili beef casserole- aka left over stuff in the fridge I managed to actually concoct something quite tasty!

Here we go!

1/2 lb of browned ground beef seasoned with onions/cumin/and fajita seasoning ( my taco meat from the day before)
2 cups of white rice ( again from the day before)
1 can cream of mushroom
1/2 onion chopped
1 Anaheim chili chopped finely
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1/4 cup softened cream cheese
salt and pepper to taste
grated cheddar/jack cheese- about 1 cup

Saute onion and chili in butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper, when onions are opaque throw in your garlic. Add beef,soup,rice and cream cheese and mix thoroughly. Taste warmed mixture to see if you need any extra seasoning. Pour mixture into a casserole dish and top with grated cheese. Pop into a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or until casserole is bubbly.

Pretty darn good for leftovers!!!

1 comment:

The Heads said...

A Girl!? That is so exciting! I can't wait to hear more about the pregnancy!