Thursday, October 9, 2008

It was a fair day!

This weekend Rachel and Mark (my sister and her husband) came up for the weekend and Heidi and I decided to take them out to the State Fair of Texas. We had a great time and enjoyed plenty of good ole fried foods. We enjoyed a fried Twinkee, fried Oreo, fried Cheesecake, fried Truffle, a Fletchers Corn Dog (official state fair corn dog), sausage on a stick and the now famous...drum roll...Chicken Fried Bacon!!!!! This stuff is freaking amazing! Sorry Marilyn we vote yes! Chicken Fried batter wrapping a super tasty piece of bacon. How can you go wrong!! It was a bit salty but get you a drink and you will get a chance to enjoy heaven like we did.

Here are some pics from the Fair Enjoy



Rachel and Mark standing in awe of the WOW Sham!



Sorry Ralph!


Big Tex, Big Ryan, and Little Bella

2 comments:

Ralph and Marilyn said...

Hope you get a chance to try the fried chocolate-covered strawberry waffle balls with powdered sugar! They were great!

Anonymous said...

Its not the "WOW Sham"...its the shamWOW! I already told Mark I would be super excited if I found one of those in my stocking for Xmas...he just shook his head and sighed. :)