Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Playing Housewife

Well friends,
I am now part of the un-employed- actually it is rather an interesting story. I have been in the past job for almost 5 years- publicity and promotions for movie studios. It is a great company, but the job was starting to wear on me just a tad- late nights, stress, deadlines, the usual . I had been thinking for a while that I should maybe think about searching for another career. SO I took a big step last Thursday and actually decided to pray about it. Let me tell you right now that prayer works, but be careful what you pray for!
I asked that HE would show me, make it abundantly clear, if I was supposed to be doing something else. That afternoon I was laid off!! An answer, but not quite the way I was expecting it:)
SO for now I am getting to clean the house, something I haven't really been able to do in a long time, updating my resume, searching for my new career and reaching out to friends I haven't talked to in a long time.
I'm getting to take time to cook, read and really for the first time in a long time, de-compress.
I think my dogs are the happiest that I am home, no one has chewed, peed or otherwise destroyed the house because we are not here:)
I am actually really excited about the next step in life. I know that God is completely in control and HE has been so faithful to both Ryan and I. We are in his hands and I am excited to start this new chapter in life.
By the way in discovering yummy new things to cook, I think I'll post a few recepies here on our blog.
Tonight- Salmon- yumm.
I think I'll do a soy/brown sugar glaze
Mashed new potatos, french green beans and something citrus for dessert- maybe lemon cream pie!
I'm off to the store!

No comments: