Thursday, May 15, 2008

Well, we finally did it!!!May 3, I became Mrs. McDow.
I can't tell you how excited I was that day. I'm sure my wonderful husband will wax eloquent on the day, but it was more wonderful then I could have imagined.

The day started with me sleeping in, eating a rather non-bridal breakfast of cheezy, eggy, sausagey yummy goodness that my Aunt made. I figured that I had done all the work I could do to be skinny, so why not enjoy the happiest day of my life!!!

I met my girls, Jeca, Cheyenne and Lacey at the church and we ran around that morning, when and had a fantastic, girly lunch and then back to the church to get ready. I had a wonderful time with them prepping to walk down the isle!!!

My friend and makeup artist, Martha Beresford, came and did my hair and makeup and then touched up the rest of my gals.When it came time to walk down the isle I was definatly picture perfect!!!
The ceremony went by so quickly, but what I remember most is when those doors were opened, I saw my best friend and husband to be, up on that stage, looking as handsome as ever and of course goofing off. I will never forget how excited I was to just be there with him.
Even though we were blessed to have a couple hundred friends and family there, it was somehow for a moment, just us, being showered in the Love, peace and presence of the Lord.

I am so blessed beyond measure to have found my best friend, my example of how Christ loved the Church, my husband. He has shown me such an amazing defintion of what love is and I am truly humbled every time I think about this gift that the Lord has put in my life.

I have long followed the story of Ruth in scripture. I learned several things from her..patience, grace, obedience andmost of all faith. Faith that the Lord would provide exactly what she needed. I absoltuely feel I think what she felt when she met her Boaz. I am home..

I Love you Ryan, more then you will ever know. I will try my best every day to honor you, cherish you and laugh with you..Thank you for being a David..a man among men. I see every day, even more and more that you are a man after God's own heart.

"I am my beloved's and he is mine." Song of Soloman

No comments: